Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Home After 3 Months

So I'm not entirely sure if anyone ever reads or sees this blog anymore. But I guess this post is for anyone who ever comes across it in the future.
There is a reason I haven't posted anything on here since November, and that is because I am back at home off my mission.

I came home after my first transfer in the field in Cañete (6 weeks) on December 30th 2014. In total I was only in Peru for 3 months.

I didn't come home for health issues, physical or mental, or for worthiness issues.  I came home for a couple reasons.

1. I kept feeling like I wasn't suppose to be there anymore. I was needed somewhere else for something.

2. I didn't know until I was out that the mission just wasn't for me. I thought it was before I left. I was really excited, the MTC was great, but I wasn't able to know until later that it just wasn't for me.

So, now that I have been home 2 1/2 months I'm finally getting around to writing a "final statement" post/closing remarks thing I guess.

I DO still have a very strong testimony of this gospel, the gospel of Jesus Christ. That He is our Savior. I do know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is His church here on the earth today and He is the head of it.

Although a mission wasn't for me I still think of the things and people of Peru often. And I still keep in contact with my MTC district and other Latino friends I made in the MTC.

A mission is a very worthwhile thing for people to do and I fully support all those who go.

I am currently teaching the "Institute" class for my Stake's Singles' Branch here in Montana and I am really enjoying that.

The Church is so true and I am happy and doing well being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment