Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. (10-29-2014)


The days run together here. Its hard to remember what day’s things happened. I COULD look in my journal but I don’t really have time for that. ...but today, and maybe more emails, I’m going to use a series of subtitles and describe those things, not necessarily having anything to do with events. 
My Companions:
Everyone always says being in a trio is super hard. But what of us? We get along really well and haven’t had any problems. Hermana Coleman and Hermana South are the best that I could ask for. We get along so well that we have some odd things we do. 1. We have a handshake. 2. We have a quote wall in our room for all the funny/stupid/fantastic things we say. 3. There is a picture of a hand heading into the bathroom and it has a bunch of cartoon germs on it. We each picked one and named it. Mine is Calvin and the other 2 are Eli and Steven. 4. We beatbox/hum/sing (rap) together. We got some pretty cool rhythms going right now. ...We have a ton of fun. Don’t get me wrong though they are both spiritual examples to me and we study/teach a lot too. We always talk about how blessed we are to have this companionship. 
Food:
We’ve had carne and pollo saltado many times this week and it is the best! Also, the ice cream is way good here too... my vegetables of choice that they serve here? Definitely beets! I LOVE BEETS! None of the vegetables are raw they are always cooked. ...At home I didn’t like apples very much but here, they are quite good! Also, bananas at home make my mouth itch, but not here! :) 
Out and About:
Monday and Tuesday this week we got to go on a "field trip" and leave the CCM. Monday we went to Migrations (I have no idea what it was for and what we did there. Nobody said and nobody spoke English, whatever it was its helping us to be able to get our Visas to stay here I think) And Tuesday we went to Interpol (which was at the National Police Place or something). There we were finger printed and we gave them other papers, I don’t know what they were exactly. They also checked our teeth, which I guess was in case we die they use it to help identify our body. Crazy as all of the papers and stuff was and not really communicating well with people other than pointing and some Spanish words I feel really good like everything is well taken care of. 
Traffic:
People drive nuts here!! I would definitely never survive. I think that a huge reason why it’s not a driving mission. And there are bunch of super old, cobbled together crappy cars, but there are some sticking nice ones too! Like Mercedes, Porsche, a lot of Nissans etc... It’s just crazy to see the little 3 wheeled taxi car things (which are really motorcycles with bodies) driving next to nice sports cars. Also, they have traffic cops here. And what’s WEIRDER is ALLL of the ones I’ve seen, except one, have been women!! Common things you see in traffic; round abouts, HUGE speed bumps, and jam packed busses. And everyone here honks, a LOT... for not reason.

Common American Places I’ve seen
McDonalds, Subway, Burger King, Chilli’s, Hard Rock Care, Gold’s Gym, and a bunch of nice car dealerships. Also they have Pepsi here, but NO MOUNTAIN DEW! :O Pepsi, but no Pepsi products?! What the heck. But it’s good... I don’t need that anyway.

But out of ALL this week, there was one experience that was the absolute best! We (my district) were sitting in class one morning and we heard the voices of children. For a moment we got super confused because obviously there aren’t any kids at the CCM (MTC). So our teacher told us real quick that sometimes the primary kids from the nearby stake come to visit to kind ofish take a tour. So we got super excited and we rushed to the door. When we opened it, there was a huge line of Peruvian kids. The little girl directly next to the door as we opened it screamed while shaking her hands in the air with the biggest eyes of excitement. I literally felt famous for a second. So our district went out into the hall along the wall to say hello. They all then went to each one of us and shook our hands. Some of the little kids even gave us hugs. Then all the adults with them gave us hugs, did that whole side cheek kiss thing too. (That will be something to get used to) But they said 'Gracias' into our ears with the most gratitude I’ve heard. I will never forget how excited those kids were and how grateful they seemed. They were all so stinking cute too!! It makes me super excited to get out into the field and have a ward I go to and will get to know the members and kids there.

Its weird I’ve been here almost a month. It feels like hardly any time at all. Even though I’m tired all the time and having classes over and over all the time, I am definitely enjoying myself here :) Hope all is well wherever you all are! Feel free to email me (posted on this page) with any questions or anything. My time to write is short (only 1 hour) but I’ll do my best to reply! 
Love, Hermana Kiser 
Scripture for this week... We’ve been using this chapter in our lessons a lot lately... 
Ether 12:27 (Book of Mormon)

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

No comments:

Post a Comment