Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Lima South Here I Come!

November 12, 2014

So this week the new Latinas got here, and they are AWESOME!! They are all super nice and we have become actually really good friends with them. It’s nice, because the last group of Latinas hardly talked to us even though we tried to with them and kind of ignored us, but these ones are VERY willing to interact and be friends. It’s great because they want to learn English and we want to learn Spanish so we just help each other out!! One day we spend like 1.5 hours talking to them and learning different words, talking about insects and critters here in South America and they also were helping us learn how to roll our Rs better! I wasn’t very good at it before I got here. The only way I could do it was if I sounded like a machine gun. The Latinas gave me a little riddle that helps and I have gotten SO much better and can actually do it with words now. 
Its "r con r cigarro. r con r barril. rapido corren los carros y las ruedas del ferrocarril.
I will definitely miss these Hermanas for sure. Two are going to Bolivia La Paz mission but one is going to MY MISSION, Lima South! :)
One Hermana, who I talk to the most, Hermana Lopez, from Colombia, always shares her candy with us, and the other night she gave me her bracelet from right off her wrist. She is so cool and sweet. I pray that I will get a companion as patient and chill as her.
So this Sunday Elder Evans is coming to the CCM. I guess he's in the 1st Quorum of the Seventy, right under the Apostles as far as missionary stuff goes. But nobody knows who is speaking in sacrament meeting with him this Sunday, so we all prepare talks and then they call us up right then and there (very much like the Hunger Games) so this week since I am an Advanzado I have a VERY high chance of getting called on. It would be cool to speak with him, but I am very nervous as well, because of course, it has to be in Spanish! On the upside of him coming I am singing in the choir that day, a super beautiful version of "I Need Thee Every Hour".
So since it is Spring it’s the time of new life here! This week I found a nest in a bush at about waist level with a momma and 2 baby birds!! They are SOO cute. I definitely check on them every day. ha-ha :)
It’s weird to think this is my LAST EMAIL FROM THE MTC!! Next week at this time I'll be who knows where within the Lima South Mission, with a completely new companion! :) I am VERY ready to get out of the walls of the MTC, but I am definitely not prepared. And I am going to miss my district here SO much. They are all such a great bunch of Elders and Sisters. If I could I would totally serve my whole mission with them. (But I most definitely do want to have Latina comps too though). Goodbyes here won’t be fun at all...
Well, I've had a splendid time here at the CCM in Lima, now it is time for my mission to REALLY begin!
I hope all is well wherever you all are! Remember you are a child of God and he loves you SO so much and wants the best for you.

Love, Hermana Kiser :)

                       Baby birds I found in a bush here. Havent named them yet.


Lima Peru Temple


My district with our morning teacher Hermana Oliveros at the Lima Temple.


No comments:

Post a Comment